We are glad you are here, and look forward to working with you! Our volunteers are one of our greatest assets and we encourage our parents and community members to become involved. The protection and security of our security of our students and staff is our priority; please refer to the following information to understand how these policies help us continue to achieve our goal of safe schools and communities.
- Please allow up to 72 hours for your application to be processed
- Applications for each school year will be accepted beginning July 1
Canyons School District has established procedures that adhere to Utah State law requiring school districts to screen prospective volunteers. All volunteers in schools, including members of the PTA and School Community Council, need to complete and submit a new Volunteer Application annually.
A Volunteer is:
Any adult (18 or older) who works directly, either individually or in small groups, with students in any capacity. This includes going into a classroom or on a field trip, presenting to, or interacting with or assisting students in any capacity (including participation in Career Day presentation). This individual is required to complete and submit the Volunteer Application annually.
A Visitor is:
Any individual that is only visiting the school, not volunteering, and therefore does NOT need to complete and submit an application through the Volunteer System. This includes parents and extended family visiting Canyons District schools to observe a school event, or guests dining in cafeterias. Also any active or reserve duty military, active police or fire department, or current Canyons School District employees.
Schools are a reflection of their community. Parents/Guardians are encouraged to become involved at Peruvian Park Elementary. It is through the efforts of parents/guardians that the educational program at Peruvian Park is greatly enriched. There are many opportunities for parents/guardians to join this dynamic community.
- Teachers will determine volunteer tasks and times that are needed in their classrooms. We welcome patrons who are able to assist with these needs. If you are unable to help out during the desired times, there may be tasks that can be completed at home at returned to school. Thank you for taking time out of you busy schedules to help our Panthers.
- In order to account for everyone in the building at all times, Canyons District Policy requires all volunteers (and visitors) to check in at the office at to provide all information requested on the sign-in page. Office staff will ask what your purpose is at the school before you walk through the doors. Badges must be worn while in the building. Volunteer hours will be totaled and send to the district office and Utah PTA.
- In order to eliminate additional distractions for our students, toddlers and infants should not be brought with you you assist at school.
- The faculty workroom has dangerous and expensive equipment that is not meat for children. Please do not allow children to be in the workroom. Volunteers use the workroom to use die cuts and are under the direction of classroom teachers. Volunteers do not use the copy machines or laminator as the district provides to two aides to make copies and laminate for classroom teachers.
- Before and after your scheduled volunteer time, or after your purpose for being in the building has been completed, please do not linger in the building to chat with teachers or other parents.
- We believe that titles show respect and are appropriate in a school setting. When in the presence of students, please address other adults by using the titles of Mr. and Ms.
- While volunteering at school, you might hear or see things that should not be shared with other parents or discussed in the presence of your (or anyone’s) student. When working with students, you have a responsibility to keep things confidential. Please consider the effect that gossiping and disrespecting students, faculty, and staff might have on your child and the overall school community.
- The faculty lounge is a place of relaxation for the teachers and staff. To respect their privacy, it is “off limits” to parents/guardians during teachers’ lunchtime which is 11:15-1:00.