Hello Panther Families,
We have many important updates for you this week.
- Friday, September 26, is our first early dismissal this year. Students will be dismissed at 1:10 p.m. The kindergarten sessions will also have a different time schedule on this day: Morning Session 8:25-10:25 a.m. Afternoon Session 11:10 a.m.-1:10 p.m. Information for early dismissal days for the year and bell times can be found on our website at http://www.peruvianpark.canyonsdistrict.org/index.php/school-info/bell-schedule
- Parent-Teacher conferences are quickly approaching on October 8th and 9th. They are scheduled earlier this year to allow you to meet well before progress report/report cards are distributed at the end of the trimester. This will allow you to meet with your child’s teacher to look at the new data and develop a plan (SEP) to move your child towards mastery before report time. Please go to the online scheduler to set up your appointment for conferences. A note was sent home last week explaining the procedure.
- The School Community Council is off and running for the year. The yearly schedule and member names are available on the school website under the “Community” tab. We encourage you to keep in touch with the council and talk to members when you have input or concerns. The public is invited to attend all meetings.
- Just a reminder that maturation programs for fifth grade students are now held at middle schools at 7:00 p.m. Parents are invited to select a program to attend with their child. The first sessions will be held at Midvale Middle School on October 21 for boys and October 22 for girls. There will be four more sessions offered November-February.
- SALTA applications are open. Please click the link to the right for more information.
Have a great week.
September 24 — CBM Testing
September 26 — Early Dismissal 1:10 p.m.
October 3 — No School (SEP Conference Preparation for Teachers)
October 7-9 — Scholastic Book Fair
October 8 & 9 — Conferences (Sign up on online scheduler, see website)
October 10 — No School (Compensatory Day)
October 13-15 — Red Ribbon Week
October 16 & 17 — Fall Recess
Hello Parents and Guardians,
We have a few changes to our schedule over the next few weeks.
Friday, September 19 — No School for Students (Teacher Training)
Friday, September 26 — Early Dismissal (Teacher Data Analysis)
Friday, October 3 — No School for Students (Conference Preparation)
A quick reminder for safety: The front parking lot is not designed as an official drop-off/pick-up location. This area does not have a drive through lane, so you must remain in the line if you choose to bring your child to school in this area. Please plan on allowing extra time and only let children exit your car when they are in the north lane in front of the third grade classrooms or directly in front of the sidewalk. Children should never exit a car when it is waiting in the entry lane, then cross through traffic. Please inform grandparents or other people assisting you with transporting your children of this procedure. We want to keep all of our Panthers safe. As mentioned at Back to School Night, we are looking forward to the major upgrade beginning at the end of this school year which will redesign the entire front lot to provide a safe and efficient drop off area.
Our school choir will begin Monday at 3:00 p.m. in the gym. All 3rd-5th graders are welcome to participate with Monday being the last day to join. The advanced choir auditions were held last week.
School pictures are on Wednesday, so look for forms sent home on Monday. Check out what has been happening at Peruvian Park in our latest newsletter below.
Have a great week!
Canyons District will soon begin accepting applications from students who want to take the test for admittance to the SALTA magnet program.Applications are being accepted from students in the kindergarten through fourth grades. Third-graders in the program also must take the test.
The Request for Testing Form for SALTA — which stands for Supporting Advanced Learners Toward Achievement — will be available on Monday Sept. 22. It will be accessible on the Canyons District website until Thursday, Oct. 30. Testing
- Testing Block No. 1 — Friday, Nov. 14 and Saturday, Nov. 15
- Testing Block No. 2 — Friday, Nov. 21 and Saturday, Nov. 22Testing locations are at Sunrise Elementary and Peruvian Park Elementary.